The world needs creative and critical thinkers
What makes us different?
- Small classes
- Passionate instructors with real-world experience
- Wonderful introduction to a variety of creative ideas and experiences (art, music, theatre, movement, acting, writing, performing)
- Structured program that builds important social, academic, life skills
- Promotes a culture of kindness and compassion
- Encourages curiosity
- Celebrates individuality
What do we mean by an “interdisciplinary approach”?
To exercise the skills that improve creativity, games and activities combine music with literature, movement with theatre, art with performance, writing with sociology, language with science, art-making with poetry. We’ll incorporate improvisation, scenes from children’s plays, activities that require focus and concentration, games that explore design, tasks that depend on verbal and nonverbal communication, even crafts like making puppets to act out a poem! We’ll work in pairs, groups, and as a class on activities that tap into our power of observation, exercise our imagination, sharpen our focus, and keep us thinking.
How might you…
- Describe a picture using only words?
- Communicate an idea without spoken language?
- Create a story using inspiration from…a song, a dance, or a piece of art?
- Imagine an inventor from the future?
Educators and industry leaders agree on the importance of a more creative society and workforce. Creativity HQ gives parents the opportunity to supplement their child’s traditional education with enrichment disguised as entertaining creative play. We fill in the gaps with exposure to creative ideas while further developing the personal skills that will help them succeed in school and in life.
Creativity HQ believes…
…the future of humanity depends on a world filled with educated, creative, and critical thinkers. Changing technology and automation are making it vital for young people to develop the skills that will fit into the workforce of tomorrow. For us to impact the future, we must prepare our children today. Creativity HQ focuses on quality and a well-rounded enrichment experience designed for students in 3rd-5th grades (expansion plans include 6th-8th grades). The result? An informed society comprised of compassionate, creative, thinking, problem-solvers who possess an awareness of self, an understanding of the world around them, and the capabilities and the capacity to look beyond limitations to build and sustain a stronger, more effective global village.
Creativity HQ Kids…
- Communicate effectively
- Develop problem-solving skills
- Can work independently
and with others
- Are resilient and flexible
- See and imagine new possibilities
- Explore and investigate
- Practice kindness and compassion
- Set and achieve goals
Mission & Program Objectives
- Equip children with tools and resources that will help them succeed in school and in life
- Exercise the skills that result in resilient, self-reliant, critical and creative thinking individuals
- Foster positive social development and confidence
- Engage kids in games and activities that will make them think, spark their imagination, encourage curiosity
- Promote the lifelong pursuit of knowledge and self-improvement
- Encourage goal-setting and achievement
- Cultivate an appreciation for arts and creative expression